How to Download FaceTime on PC
Download FaceTime for PC App for Windows & Mac Computers and Laptops with our guide. Follow us to get FaceTime for PC Download App directly.
FaceTime is a very popular communication app which is mainly recognized for video calling. You can use this app on the iPad, iPhone, Mac, and even Windows devices. Facetime app allows you to easily chat, talk and set up meetings at any time according to your convenience. One newly added feature in FaceTime for PC is the pre-installed camera software. This facilitates a tremendous view from the rear and front camera which can be used in portrait or landscape mode.
FaceTime comes with high resolution in video quality and also features recording option in calls. These are some unique things which you won’t get in other video calling apps. In the later sections of this article, we will discuss the basic features of the FaceTime app, its installation procedure in PC and how to use it in your PC.
Salient Features of FaceTime App
Every app has its own unique features and the ones which make the app world famous. In the same way, there are many interesting features of the FaceTime app which we will discuss in this section. Learn about the main features of this app given below:
- It is an authorized application launched for platforms like iOS, Android and Windows PC.
- One can use it as an Audio and Video conferencing tool
- Videos on this app can be watched in full HD resolution
- Connectivity with multiple devices at a time including Windows PC, iPhone, Mac, etc.
- Hiding and blocking feature for spam or annoying calls
- Automatically syncing from the contact list
- Backup support on iCloud to save important data
- Unlimited voice calls and video calls for free
- One can make ‘favorite lists’ from the contacts if they want to
- During the calls, more than six (around 9 to 10) users can connect at a time
- Users are present worldwide to connect easily with others
How to Download and Install the FaceTime for PC
Before jumping into the installation procedure, you must know about the basic requirements that need to be completed on your PC. The minimum basic requirements to run the FaceTime on PC are as follows:
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or higher version
- CPU must possess 1 GHz speed or more
- RAM should be 2GB or more
- Your PC must be supporting Webcam device and its drivers
- Microphone or headset for communication
- Proper and smooth internet connection
Downloading and Installing FaceTime for PC
If you want to use this app on your PC, then the very first thing you have to do is download this app. This process may require another downloader software (like Bluestacks, Nox, etc.) and then you can easily get FaceTime on the PC.
In order to set up the FaceTime app, you have to follow the instructions provided in the app and then contact the given mail. For starting the first video call, add an entry in the contact list in your device. It is very easy to use because this app is linked with Contacts Address Book. Users can also dial through an email and get the invitation for accepting to make a call.
Follow the step by step procedure given below to know how to download and install FaceTime for PC:
- Before anything else, make sure that you have Downloader app installed already in your PC (say Bluestacks in our case)
- You can visit this link for getting official Bluestacks app in your PC: https://www.bluestacks.com
- After downloading successfully, install the app and restart your PC
- Now launch the Bluestacks app and wait for some time to set up by avoiding force close
- Navigate to the menu option and then into the Play Store application
- In the Play Store, find the search box to enter the FaceTime app in it
- Choose the official FaceTime app from the searched results and install it in your PC
- Launch the app after installation and follow the instructions given on the screen
- You may be asked for entering a password or confirmation, so proceed accordingly
- Launch the installed app to start video calling with friends and relatives
How to Use FaceTime on PC
For some people, it can be difficult to understand the basic principles and structure of the FaceTime app. Although, there is no such thing about being complex rather it is a very user-friendly application. FaceTime was created by highly experienced and skillful Apple developers to make sure about the quality and straightforward user-interface.
Follow the points given below to use the FaceTime app for making video and audio calls:
- Run the FaceTime app by using the shortcut on the desktop or from its folder
- Now set up your personal account by using email or phone number
- In the left side panel, you will see a contact list from which you have to choose the person you want to contact
- Right-click on the contact you want to communicate with, which will be represented by email or phone number
- Let the application do its work for connecting with the end-user
- Now you can communicate with the person if he/she accepts the incoming call
- Click on the ‘end call’ button to finish the conversation as you do in mobile calling
Important Note: A pop-up message or notification will appear on the screen during the incoming call or message even when the app is not running. In this way, you can easily reply back on the message or pick up the call.
So, that was all about the FaceTime app for PC. After reading this article completely, you get to know about the FaceTime app and its features. The main focus of this article was based on the download and installation guide for PC by using the Bluestacks method. We also told you about the basic requirements needed for PC in a concise manner. In the end, we told you about the usage and basic principles of calling through this application.
I hope you liked this article and understood every single point given in it. In case, you have any doubts related to the information, contact us through email or drop a comment on your problem in the comment box. We’ll try to solve your problem as soon as possible.