If you want to delete your Kik account as you have found a better platform than Kik or want to take a break from the Kik texting app, then you can easily do it. Yes, you can uninstall the app on your device, but if there is no use of the app, it is best to deactivate or delete the account itself.
Kik Messenger is one of the oldest messengers that allow people to communicate on the internet. A few years ago, it was one of the trending messengers as it allows us to communicate with family and friends for free.
With regular updates, they introduced emojis to share, and after that, some media files, pictures, videos, documents, and so on. After the release of Kik messenger for Android and iOS, they also released Kik messenger for pc. Nearby 2013, the trend of a smartphone was at its peak, and all of the people were buying and using iOS and Android device.
The pc based Kik online messenger app allow the user to use it via a big screen of windows desktop comfortably. From 2015, other application like Whatsapp, Hike, and Facebook messenger come in the market one by one and acquire the users. Due to its amazing features, the Kik users switch to all these platforms.
But with switching the platform, many users want to remove their Kik account permanently or temporary. Even users face issue in deleting Kik account. So if you are one of them who want to delete Kik account, and need help, then you are at right place.
How To Delete Kik Account?
Two methods are there to delete Kik account. Either you can deactivate your Kik account temporarily or delete your account permanently. And here we have covered both the methods for you. You can choose any one according to your choice and reason.
Method 1: Delete Kik Account Temporarily
Before deactivating your Kik account, you have first to confirm your email address to make sure that you are the authorized person of account.
- Open Kik messenger from your device. It is good if you are on pc.
- Now, login to your Kik account using email ID and password.
- Now, look for the setting option and click on it.
- Open the setting tab and click on delete Kik account option.
- Now, head towards the username and save it in a text file or somewhere else. It will require in the next steps.
- Now, open the inbox of the email that you have registered. Keep it open.
- Once you have your username and registered email address on your hand, go to the link given below:
- Now, enter your registered email address and click on the Go tab.
- A deactivation link will be sent on your email address. Open it and find an email from Kik.
- Here open the link and confirm the deactivation of your account.
Once you are done with all the above steps, your Kik account is temporarily deactivated.
As you have deactivated the account, you can enjoy the service any time by reactivating it. For that, you need to log in again and done!
Method 2: Delete Kik Account Permanently
Here in this method, we will share the step by step guide to deactivate Kik account permanently. It means once you go through the process and complete it, your account is removed and can’t recover. Even you can’t see old messages in the future. All the message, date, and other things will remove from your device. Your name no more is seen in your friend’s inbox. Keep in mind that take all the backup of your account before deleting your account because all the data will be lost once you permanently delete your Kik account.
- Go to your browser and open the following link:
- It will open a new page. Here enter your username, Email address and reason for leaving the Kik platform.
- Now, confirm the inputs you have enter and press on the Go tab.
- Similar to the previous method, you will receive an email from Kik.
- Once you deactivate your account, it will permanently delete your account. And you will no longer access of your account, files, media, and chat.
So with this, we sum up our article on the guide to permanently and temporarily deactivate Kik account using two different methods. We hope you will not encounter any problem in understanding the method and steps. But if in case, if you have any problem, the comment section is all yours! Thanks.